八個面試英語常見忌諱問題
When they finish quizzing you,interviewers always ask, “So, do you have any questions?” That's your cue to show off your research with queries about the company's competitors, plans for growth, specific products,etc. But some questions can make you seem ill-prepared, overeager or disagreeable. Here are eight commonly asked bloopers.
面試官問完你問題之後,通常會說:“你有什麼問題要問嗎?”那個時候就該是表現你對這個公司做的功課的時候了,這個公司的競爭對手、增長計劃,還有產品等等都可以是你提及的話題。不過,有一些問題會讓你表現得準備不佳、過於急切或者不合時宜。以下八個問題是比較常見的比較忌諱的問題。
1. What, exactly, does your company do?
你們公司到底是做什麼的'?
Never pose questions that a library search could have answered.
透過圖書館檢索就能解答的問題就不要提出來了。
2. What does the job pay?
這份工作的報酬是多少?
Avoid money discussions until the interviewer makes you an offer.
在面試官決定錄用你之前避免談及薪水問題。
3. How many vacation and personal days do you allow?
你們公司規定的假期有多少?
Makes you sound lazy--again, wait for the offer.
這個問題讓人感覺你有點懶,也還是等到錄用的時候再問。
4. How long will it take me to get promoted?
我要過多久才能升職?
Try a less pushy version: “Can you describe what my career advancement track might be like?”
換個不那麼直接的問法:“您能描述一下我的職業程序會是怎樣的嗎?”
5. Is that your husband in the picture on your desk?
你桌上照片裡的人是你丈夫嗎?
Don't initiate a personal discussion.Stick to questions about her career path.
不要談論個人話題。主要談論她職業生涯方面的問題。
6. What are you going to do about the poor performance of Product X?
對於某產品市面表現欠佳的問題,你們打算怎麼應對?
Reframe the question positively. “What plans do you have to build sales for Product X?”
用比較積極的方式來問:“你們有什麼促進某產品銷量的計劃嗎?”
7. What's your company's track record on promoting women and minorities?
你們公司在為女性和少數民族員工提供升職機會方面做得怎麼樣?
A legitimate question, but interviewers may worry that you'll sue if you don't advance quickly. Instead, check out the company' s reputation through the industry grapevine.
這是一個法律方面的問題,但面試官可能會擔心如果你升職不夠快的話就會起訴他們。與其這樣做,不如透過行業內線來了解該公司的聲譽。
8. So, when do I start?
那麼,我什麼時候開始上班呢?
A slightly obnoxious quip. Don't invite yourself into the job.
這是個有點讓人討厭的問題。不要反客為主了。