詞語掌故:和蔬果有關單詞
He makes enough money to support our family. So we say he brings home the bacon. 他賺取足夠的`錢來養家。所以我們說他掙錢養家。
He can cut the mustard(芥末), or do what is expected of him at work.他能做到最好,就是說他能在工作中達到別人對他的期望。
He stands almost 2 meters tall. He is a tall drink of water. 他有幾乎2米高。他鶴立雞群。
It is so crowded that we are packed like sardines -- just like small fish in a can.擠到我們像沙丁魚一樣被裝在罐頭裡。
there is no such thing as a free lunch. Something may appear to be free of charge, but there may be a hidden cost.沒有免費的午餐。有的東西看似不要錢,但可能會有隱藏成本。
When we fail to see problems at work, my supervisor tells us to wake up and smell the coffee. We need to pay more attention and fix the problem.當我們在工作中沒有發現問題時,我的主管叫我們清醒點。我們需要更專心來解決問題。
I once made a big mistake at the office and felt foolish. I had egg on my face.有一次我在辦公室犯了個大錯誤並且覺得很愚蠢。我很尷尬。
I do not like football. It is not my cup of tea.但是我不喜歡足球。那不是我喜愛的事。
We hope this program has given you food for thought, that is, something to think about.我們希望這期節目帶你給思想的食糧,也就是值得思考的東西。Facing success or failure, 縱然面對成與敗
It's no need to care too much.謹記無須太在意
Only if I've tried my best, 只要吾已竭全力
It's enough for my simple life.淡然此生無所繫